Designed for use with space heaters and air conditioners that mechanically restart after power reconnection, the Lux WIN100 5-2 Day Heating and Cooling Programmable Outlet Thermostat offers the comfort, convenience, and energy saving gains of full programmability. To use, just plug the WIN100 into an outlet, plug your portable heating or cooling unit into the thermostat, and you’re ready to go.
WIN100 5-2 Day
Heating and Cooling
Programmable Outlet Thermostat
At a Glance:
- Programmable thermostat for portable air conditioning and heating units
- Set discerned weekend/weekday programs
- Plugs into a general 120-volt household outlet (with ground)
- Easy operation– patented Lux Speed Dial, on/off switch, and memory storage
- Saves cash and energy without sacrificing comfort
- Electronic accuracy; 100% mercury free
The WIN100 may be programmed before it’s plugged into the wall.
The patented Lux Speed Dial allows for easy programming.Create Different Programs for Weekdays and Weekends
The WIN100 allows you to get enjoyment from the gains of a programmable thermostat for your heating or cooling unit. This model offers the comfortableness of 5-2 day programming so you may create dissimilar programs for weekdays and weekends.
The WIN100 likewise boasts a positive on/off switch, and a heat/cool switch that allows the use of this product for two seasons: summer and winter.
Offering straight-forward operation, the WIN100 has a patented Lux Speed Dial for easy programming, a positive on/off switch for streamlined operation, and battery-free memory storage.
For added convenience, this ETL-approved thermostat may be programmed before it’s plugged into the wall. Once programmed, it operates off of a standard 120-volt wall outlet (with ground), and it comes with two 1.5-volt G13 alkaline button cell batteries for the clock.
Save Money and the Environment
Like all programmable thermostats, the WIN100 helps reduce energy consumption, but this effective device takes savings a step further. To maximize your home’s energy efficiency, the WIN100 comes preprogrammed with default heating and cooling schedules that are designed to save up to 33% on energy costs over a year and also help cut down on your carbon footprint. Because the WIN100 is 100% mercury free, you may be sure it’s a safe and environmentally conscious choice for your home.
About Lux: Innovation, Quality, and Value
Since 1914, Lux Products Corporation has fabricated quality productions for the home. It all begun with turn-of-the-century timing devices, the forerunners of the now world-famous Lux 60-Minute Timers. Building on the success of these simple and utilitarian items, Lux grew into the multifaceted manufacturer and merchant it is today. The Lux name has always stood for innovation, quality, and value. The company’s full line of electronic and mechanical thermostats offers models for almost each heating and cooling application. See how you may save cash and conserve energy with Lux.
What’s in the Box
Lux WIN100 5-2 Day Heating and Cooling Programmable Outlet Thermostat, installation guide, instruction manual, and two 1.5 volt G13 alkaline button cell batteries.
Not sure which model is right for you?
Click here for a finish comparison LUX programmable thermostats.
The WIN100 is a heating or cooling programmable thermostat for window air conditioners and electric space heaters. It plugs into a normal household receptacle outlet. The electrical Rating is 120 volt, 15 Amp. It provides exact temperature control while saving energy and weekdays and weekends may be programmed differently. Our unique, user-friendly Speed Dial allows a beginner to get expert results. The WIN100 is armchair programmable, which means you may program it without it being plugged into the wall. Pre-set with a typical energy saving program, the innovative WIN100 likewise offers easy reprogramming to fit any lifestyle.
- Amazon Sales Rank: #539 in Home Improvement
- Size: 1
- Brand: Lux
- Model: WIN100-005
- Number of items: 1
- Dimensions: 2.25″ h x 5.50″ w x 8.00″ l,
- Separate programs for heating and cooling
- Setting range 45-degrees F to 90-degrees F
- For use with air conditioners and space heaters
- Temporary temperature override
71 of 73 people found the following review helpful.
Accurate and a great value
By Dimitris T. Bozonelos
I recently purchased two of these units to regulate the temperature in my bedroom and my living room. I live in a 1 bedroom apartment. The temperature readout is spot on and it’s easy to program. However I do have two complaints:
1. The unit can only program weekdays and weekends. That means you can’t choose a specific day of the week to program. For example, I am never at my apartment on Saturdays, however since Saturday and Sunday must have the same schedule, as well as monday-friday, I’m wasting energy.
2. In order for this unit to work, there MUST be a ground plugged into the outlet. I bought two “DeLonghi HHP1500 Mica Panel Radiator” heaters (they are amazing, I highly recommend) which don’t have a ground. In order for it to work, I had to plug in an extension cord into the thermostat to trick it into thinking the ground was plugged in, then I plugged my heater into the extension cord and it worked.
Overall, I recommend the thermostat.
96 of 101 people found the following review helpful.
By Richard L. Scharf
I use this thermostat to turn on and off an attic fan when temperatures get too high. I’ve found that every few months mine needs to be turned off and reset, or the fan will just run continously. This is no big deal for my purposes, but if you use it for applications where temperature control is critical for keeping animals or plants alive, check it periodically or buy a more expensive unit.
56 of 58 people found the following review helpful.
Why hasn’t someone done this before?
By J. Holmes
I bought this for use in my garage workshop, to control a small gas wall furnace/space heater. The heater has its own thermostat, but it’s not programmable and it’s terribly inaccurate, prone to wide fluxuations in temperature. This device does a lovely job of keeping the shop comfortable when I expect to be there while letting the place cool off at night to save energy. It’s lovely, and such a simple idea that I wonder who no other thermostat manufacturer seems to offer an equivalent product.
See all 434 customer reviews…